[WBEL-users] Two (hopefully) quick new install Q's

Bob Mariotti r.mariotti@financialdatacorp.com
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 21:26:08 -0500

Well, finally got around to upgrading one of my old servers to WHEL3.0.1
and so far - pleased.
This box used to be a SuSE7.3 system which had outlived its usefulness
and our production servers are RH8.0.  We've been reading about WBEL for
some time now and wanted to give it a try.  So here we are!

We are noticing some differences between the RH8 and the WBEL in the way
of configurations and after spending in excess of a couple of days on it
we thought we'd better ask someone who might know.

We have TWO issues that we cannot seem to overcome.
1) we have installed VSFTP and made sure the appropriate VSFTP file is
present in the xinetd.d directory.  However, when we try to ftp to the
WBEL box we receive the infamous 10061 msg stating Connection Refused.
  We DO have our IP's properly defined in the /etc/hosts.allow file but
still nothing.

Any advice? Pointers? etc?

2) we also use Samba for windows shares.  We are on the latest version
of samba (3.0.10) and our XP boxen can see, connect and access just
fine.  However, our Win98SE and Win2K desktops can "See" the shares but
whenever we tri to click on them (access) we receive a dialog box that
reads (File Not Found!).

Again, any suggestions, pointers, ideas, etc?

Thanks a million to whoever helps.

Bob

|Bob Mariotti   | Financial DataCorp     |
|Exec V.P.      | 703 Hebron Avenue      |
|(860) 657-8983 | Glastonbury, CT 06033  |
|email: r.mariotti@financialdatacorp.com |
|Registered Linux User #320395           |