[WBEL-users] Re: Two (hopefully) quick new install Q's

Shapiro, Mark mshapiro@Exchange.FULLERTON.EDU
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 11:18:58 -0800

Dennis,

I have found that if you use a non-secure client such as plain old
"ftp", you need to turn off the passive mode to make transfers.  Just
type the passive command at the prompt to toggle passive mode off.

Another alternative is to use the secure ftp client included with most
linux distros.  It is sftp.

If you are trying to connect from a windows box, you can use psftp which
is a free secure ftp client that can be downloaded from the Internet.

Mark

Dr. Mark H. Shapiro
Professor of Physics, Emeritus
California State University, Fullerton