[WBEL-users] Re: vsFTPd

Bob Mariotti r.mariotti@financialdatacorp.com
Mon, 03 Jan 2005 23:18:20 -0500

> Thanks for that, that explains everything. The ftp client is NOT a secure
> one and I cannot change that, I was not aware that vsftpd is a secure only
> FTP server, I will have to find a NON secure server that I can install.
>
> Thanks again
>
> Denis

Denis;

While vsFTP stands for "Very Secure" ftp... it is NOT sftp.  We are
running vsftpd on several RH8 production servers and we can connect to
it with a normal old "windows" ftp client which, lord and Bill knows, is
NOT a secure client.

It's GOT to be something else.  Regarding name resolution... its
resolving just fine, just the login is being denied.  As this install is
on a spare/test system we even stopped virtually ALL services other than
xinetd and removed all tcpwrappers type files... everything that could
or would stand in the way.  Made NO difference what so ever.

Thought you would be interested.

Bob