[WBEL-users] The Terminal Remembers!

Dan Geist Dan.Geist@cox.com
Tue, 04 Jan 2005 18:01:38 -0500

It's probably your shell (bash, by default).

Try "ln -s /dev/null $HOME/.bash_history

That'll keep it from logging your commands.

Also, don't run commands with passwords on the CLI. If they need them,
they're poorly written.

Dan

--
Dan Geist | dan.geist@cox.com | (404)269-6822
Network Security Engineer | Telephony/Data Eng | Cox Communications