[WBEL-users] YUM update problem,

Dale A. Heys Dale.Heys@epcns.com
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 12:21:38 GMT

Guys,

I have a WBEL 3.0 server I use for testing & development uses. I am
currently attempting to update the rpm's using 'yum update'.

All works well until the Test transaction completes and then I get the
following error:-

"Test transaction complete, Success!
Errors installing:
('package nptl-devel-2.3.2-95.30 is intended for a i686 architecture',
(0, 'i686', 0L))"

The "nptl" package is being installed to fulfil a dependency and is
therefore being auto-downloaded/installed. Unfortunately, this package
is the  first to be installed and therefore the installation terminates
and no further installs are done.

As you can see my server is an Athlon based machine

"rio-grande 2.4.21-20.0.1.EL #1 Mon Dec 6 14:12:06 EST 2004 i686 athlon
i386 GNU/Linux"

and also claims to be "i686" architecture.

I am wondering is there a problem with the package tpo cause it not to
install or is there a work around. Any help would be appreciated as I
cannot update the server!!

Thanks
Dale A. Heys
Director
E.PC.N.S. Ltd.

receive
this in error, please contact the sender Dale A. Heys and delete it
from
any computer.