[WBEL-users] Modprobe error on eth0 during boot

King, John (Greg) (LMIT-HOU) Greg.King@lmit.com
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 08:18:21 -0600

[note sorry if this is a dupe post I sent this earlier and just noticed it
went to whitbox-users-admins and not users]

Hello everyone, just got back from vacation and started testing all the new
patches but had a problem crop up.

During boot the system hangs when trying to load eth0 (dmesg shows this as a
e1000) and the following message

Modprobe can't locate module 0

Did something not get compiled in the latest kernel? What do I need to do to
fix this on the test system and prevent this from occuring on any others?

Also I booted in interactive mode to bypass loading eth0 (otherwise it
hangs) and then tried starting the networking and get a log message stating
it cannot find eth0.

Thanks

Greg

Greg King