[WBEL-users] PLESK installation

Luke Scharf lscharf@aoe.vt.edu
Thu, 06 Jan 2005 12:08:18 -0500

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 11:48, Adam Thomas wrote:
> The quick and dirty solution is to change the /etc/redhat-release file
> to read what PLESK expects.  I don't have any ES servers around here,
> but our AS servers read:
>
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 4)
>
> Logically, you could just change it to ES and PLESK should pick it up
> ok, assuming it uses redhat-release like 99% of the packages I've
> seen.  It might use /etc/issue, but I seriously doubt it.

Older versions of Ansys had this problem when installing on Fedora as
well.

Installer: "You must have Redhat 9"
Me: "Okay, this is RedHat 9.  Really!  Shh, don't tell Yum."

Fortunately, most of the other applications that we use (Matlab, ABAQUS,
Ansys 8, etc) don't check (or don't object to) /etc/redhat-release.

-Luke

--
Luke Scharf, Systems Administrator
Virginia Tech Aerospace and Ocean Engineering