[WBEL-users] WBEL on a Dell Poweredge 4400

Ed Cooley ecooley@strategy5.com
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 20:17:04 -0600

Did you scan the CD for errors?  You might also try using the megaraid2
driver which can be selected in expert mode.

---
Ed Cooley
Strategy Systems, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: whitebox-users-admin@beau.org [mailto:whitebox-users-admin@beau.org]
On Behalf Of Richard Humphrey
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2005 1:46 PM
To: whitebox-users@beau.org
Subject: [WBEL-users] WBEL on a Dell Poweredge 4400

I have a Dell Poweredge 4400 server that I am trying to install WBEL
(Respin 1 CD's) on. It auto loads the megaraid drivers and I can get
through the configuration choices part of anaconda just fine, it's
just that when it begins to install packages it will simply hang up on
the first CD. FWIW I am doing a minimal install and I also tried
minimal install with the addition of Apache/MySQL and I get the same
thing every time. It doesnt seem to hang on the same packages either,
it is a different package each time.

As a test I d/l CentOS and burned the ISO's and tried the install and
basically the same thing happened only with CentOS the installer
terminated and I got the "You may now reboot your system message"

Anyone had any similar problems? Any suggestions. I googles for RHEL +
Poweredge and didnt find anything related really.

--
Richard Humphrey