[WBEL-users] Epson Stylus Color 1160

Kirby C. Bohling kbohling@birddog.com
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:47:39 -0600

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 03:44:27PM +0100, liz@indract.freeserve.co.uk wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> Has anyone any experience of using the Epson Stylus Color 1160 with Linux (WBEL in particular).
>
> I have acquired one which was not working at all with Windoze and
> have just attached it to my WBEL server.  It prints but the CUPS
> test page is not laid out correctly and very messy.  The nearest
> driver I could find for it in the system is the 980 and googling
> seems no good for once. :-(
>
> It would be nice to be able to get it working properly then I
> could share it over Samba.
>
> Any help would be appreciated!

This site:
http://linuxprinting.org

and this link in particular:
http://linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Epson-Stylus_Color_1160

Hopefully should show you what you want to know.  I've generally
figured out with their help how to configure printers I otherwise
couldn't.  The one thing that looks like it's useful to know, is
that it should be capable of working perfectly.

	Thanks,
		Kirby