[WBEL-users] WBEL on a Dell Poweredge 4400

Rodrigo Cortes rcortes@placevendome.cl
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:34:45 -0300

Hi !!

I have dell 1850 with raid-1 Perc 4e/Si, this card is not detected by WBEL, mod megaraid2 work well.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: whitebox-users-admin@beau.org [mailto:whitebox-users-admin@beau.org] En nombre de Richard Humphrey
Enviado el: Miércoles, 12 de Enero de 2005 16:25
Para: whitebox-users@beau.org
Asunto: Re: [WBEL-users] WBEL on a Dell Poweredge 4400

Yeah, I have read over that site several times now and it states that
the PERC2/DC card should work with RHEL3 out of the box with either
the megaraid or megaraid2 driver. WBEL installs megaraid driver by
default.  Is there a way to force it to use the megaraid2 driver
instead? I am running out of ideas.

does WBEL include the megaraid2 driver? i am assuming it does.  As I
said earlier, I can create and format partitions using the megaraid
driver, but anaconda crashes when copying packages over to the hard
drive(s).

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:43:59 -0800, Scott Silva <ssilva@sgvwater.com> wrote:
> Richard Humphrey wrote:
> > Unfortunately there are no drivers for the  PERC2/DC card on their
> > site that I can find. I am beginning to wonder if something else is
> > wrong. If I can create partitions  and format them etc, wouldnt the
> > linux installed driver be working?  I just get failures when
> > installing packages.. I see others that are having no trouble with
> > this card, so it makes me wonder if it could be something else.
> Try this site
> http://linux.dell.com/raid.shtml
>
> Maybe some leads?

Richard Humphrey