[WBEL-users] samba and AD

Rodrigo Cortes rcortes@placevendome.cl
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:05:10 -0300

Have you one conf for all ? krb5 ? smb ?

Sorry but I have #$#% jejeje

-----Mensaje original-----
De: whitebox-users-admin@beau.org [mailto:whitebox-users-admin@beau.org]
En nombre de Toby Bluhm
Enviado el: Jueves, 13 de Enero de 2005 15:23
Para: Whitebox-users@beau.org
Asunto: RE: [WBEL-users] samba and AD

---- Rodrigo Cortes <rcortes@placevendome.cl> wrote:
> Well. In the doc with winbind and samba and AD is possible auth telnet
and ftp. Doc say this, but don't work.

I was able to get a stock wb3 box with current updates ( at the time ~ 2
months ago ) to allow AD account login with console,ssh,ftp,telnet. The
pam setup was the key.

You need to have your smb.conf, krb5.conf, krb.realms, nsswitch.conf
setup right and you've joined the box to AD, a share works - this all
needs to be happy before trying the pam edits.

Note the message about using authconfig - it will mess with your pam
setup & nsswitch.conf.

I first ran authconfig to setup the box to authenticate with nis. If you
use only local accounts, I see at least one line in system-auth that may
need to be different than what I have here. Then I made the manual edits
to the config files. Also, anytime during my testing that I made domain
type changes to smb.conf, I deleted *.tdb in /etc/samba,
/var/cache/samba, /var/cache/samba/printing and rejoined the wb3 box to
the domain.

YMMV

in /etc/pam.d

login:
 #%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_securetty.so
auth       sufficient   pam_winbind.so
auth       sufficient   pam_unix.so use_first_pass
auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
account    sufficient   pam_winbind.so
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    optional     pam_console.so

sshd:
#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
auth       sufficient   pam_winbind.so
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
account    sufficient   pam_winbind.so
password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   sufficient   pam_winbind.so
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_limits.so
session    optional     pam_console.so

system-auth:
#%PAM-1.0
# This file is auto-generated.
auth        required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_env.so
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_winbind.so
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
use_first_pass
auth        required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so
account     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so
password    required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_cracklib.so retry=3
type=
password    sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so nullok
use_authtok md5 shadow nis
password    required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so
session     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_limits.so
session     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so
session     optional      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_winbind.so

-Toby