[WBEL-users] WBEL on a Dell Poweredge 4400

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:21:52 -0600

On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 13:24, Richard Humphrey wrote:

> does WBEL include the megaraid2 driver? i am assuming it does.  As I
> said earlier, I can create and format partitions using the megaraid
> driver, but anaconda crashes when copying packages over to the hard
> drive(s).

Yes, WBEL inclused the megaraid2 driver; after you are up it would be
easy enough to edit /etc/modules.conf to try the megaraid2 driver, but I
don't know if anaconda will take kindly to a manual changeout of the
driver or not.  Guess you should try it since it isn't likely to make
matters worse than the current crash.

You might also try jumping to the vt consoles which show the logs as
soon as the install gets past the point where you have to answer
questions, in the hope it lives long enough to throw something useful
there on the way down.