[WBEL-users] newbie - kernel and other upgrades questions

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:53:53 -0500 (EST)

Alon said:
> I'm all in favor of not banging my head against the wall (a long lasting
> family tradition I don't want to break). How do I go about doing the
> "install the kernel-unsupported modules"  ?

Depending on your update tool of choice:

up2date -if kernel-unsupported

yum install kernel-unsupported

rpm -i <your favorite mirror>/whiteboxlinux.org/3.0/en/updates\
/i686/kernel-smp-unsupported-<version>.<arch>.rpm

Pet Peeve: John, if you're out there, why have separate dirs for all the
different x86 flavors?

[snip]
> I always see the i2c instructions of how to incorporate into the kernel,
> but are you saying that I don't need to do that?
[snip]

I'm not sure how well they were, but the i2c modules for the kernel are
packaged in the kernel-unsupported RPM because that is how Red Hat chose
to show that they are, well, unsupported.

--
William Hooper