[WBEL-users] external hard drive support under linux

Jean Lee jean.lee@free.fr
Thu Jan 20 10:59:06 CST 2005

Hello all,

I want to buy an external hard drive. For this purpose, I think that I
will buy an USB2.0 external box (USB2.0 to IDE) and a standard IDE hard
drive (and not a specific external hard drive in one box)...
Are all these external boxes compatible with linux? Or do I have to be
careful to a specific driver support under Linux?
If yes, can anybody give me an example of a working external hard drive
box which is supported ?

Thank you for any help,

Jean Lee