[WBEL-users] WhiteBox NAS and hi

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Jan 22 11:34:11 CST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 02:55 +1100, Anthony Cull wrote:
> Well I would like to comment mainly on your howto I have enjoyed
> reading it. But cant use it once YUM chews up massive amounts of hdd
> space. I cant try it.
----
what how-to?

you can have yum (or up2date) delete the rpms after it has installed
them by configuration I think
----

> 733v1 iPAQ 384mb of ram (note the unsupported amount of ram cough
> cough) and a nice old 10gig maxtor. 55-60mb/s @<30%cpu isnt bad with
> iptables going.
----
seems high to me
----

> So far ive only had a few minnor frustrations. Mainly aliases and
> servers like sendmail running for no reason at all. nmap helped me
> figure out what was running by default.
----
netstat -an should tell you a lot without even bothering with nmap
----

> Still having a shutdown problem or two but thats when I use the halt
> command instead of the gnome menu. USB and onboard WOL both share the
> same IRQ 5 (note when I change one they both change [this is a
> Compaq])
----
possibly changeable in BIOS
----

> Anyone know how to find out what is avalible via modprobe for
> iptables?
----
# ls -l /lib/modules/2.4.21-27.0.2.EL/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/
if you are using different kernel, adjust the command
----
> Thanks and I look forward to joining the whitebox community.
----
Welcome

Craig