[WBEL-users] I hate perl

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Mon Jan 24 00:44:23 CST 2005

> ----
> was able to fix this by downloading module manually, perl Makefile.PL &
> make & make install - YEAH!  (I still hate perl)
>
> above trick didn't work for module (DBD::mysql)
>
> still sucking wind - still hating perl - still looking for stupid perl
> tricks to get this to install

There are RPMS for DBD::mysql that come with the whitebox linux distro.
As for packages like amavsid, I use dag's RPMS repository for RHEL3.
(http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt). I usually avoid CPAN as much as
possible and use pre-existing RPMS, or src.RPMS that I re-build for WBEL
(if they aren't any for WBEL/RHEL already). It save a great many
headaches.

Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Website http://www.outoforder.cc/