[WBEL-users] I hate perl

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 15:36:23 CST 2005

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 23:11:14 -0700, Matthew Nielsen <xunker at pyxidis.org> wrote:
> I always have problems with DBD::mysql from the cpan shell -- usually I
> have much better luck downloading it and installing the module from the
> tarball (you can find it on search.cpan.org).

If you like keeping things in RPM form as much as possible (say, to
replicate across 200 servers), cpan2rpm is your friend:

cpan2rpm DBD::mysql

or manually download the tarball and build:

cpan2rpm XML-Stream-1.17.tar.gz

The dependency building isn't perfect and may required manual
installation of additional packages, but in the end you'll have binary
RPMs you can add to your local repository and yum install everywhere.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com