[WBEL-users] cannot restart to runlevel 3

Timothy Nash tnash1 at twcny.rr.com
Wed Jan 26 19:39:32 CST 2005

I'm running CentOS-3.3 (and Whitebox) as a VMWare guest OS on a Windows
2K Server.  VMWare Tools requires non-gui mode in order to install, so I
issue either "telinit 3" or "init 3" in a term window and it starts to
reboot in "text" mode.  However, it consistenly hangs right after the
line which states, "Starting automount:No mount points defined
(ok)".   I  just have a blinking cursor and have to reboot the machine
to recover.  Anyone experience this problem or know the proper trouble
shooting steps to take?
Thanks!  :-)