[WBEL-users] cannot restart to runlevel 3

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 21:18:16 CST 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:13:20 -0500 (EST), William Hooper
<whooperhsd2 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Try just hitting enter.  Or better yet append a "3" to the boot line in
> grub instead of going to runlevel 5 first.

I'll second William's suggestion to just boot directly to runlevel 3.
I've installed WBEL (and RHEL 3AS & 2.1AS for that matter) in VMware
countless times, but I always boot to runlevel 3 since I'm testing
server builds.

VMware Tools should build fine once you get there.  I'm running build
7728 at the moment under VMware Workstation 4.5.2.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com