[WBEL-users] wanting to fool with cyrus-imapd

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Sun Jan 30 01:15:12 CST 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 22:52, Craig White wrote:
> Several weeks ago I downloaded and did rebuild of src rpms from Fedora-3
> for cyrus-imapd and got a number of rpm's to install.

[snip]

> and this appears to be the only problem - so I'm thinking that I might
> be able to sort of force the issue.

Yes, the imap package has a specific conflict for cyrus-imapd, and the
cyrus-imapd rpms I'm using (from
http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/cyrus-imapd/) have a specific obsolete
for imap (which I highly recommend using these rpms).
you can *try* a force, but they do have files that exist in both (the
/etc/pam.d config files for one.)  I would suggest testing cyrus imapd
on a different system than a live server running wu-imapd, as installing
both could lead to undesired side effects.

Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Website http://www.outoforder.cc/