[WBEL-users] Linux Journal 2005 Readers' Choice Awards

Fri Jul 1 00:04:04 CDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 19:51 -0500, John Morris wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 17:58, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>
> > How about a little EL rebuild camaraderie :)
>
> Sure.  Just did it.  I think it would be <cartman>'hella cool'</cartman>
> if a RHEL rebuild beat out Ubuntu and would totally validate the
> concept, but suspect they have the bigger buzz factor.

Ubuntu has a very active and large community (based on distrowatch hits
and other things) ... so I figure they will be almost impossible to beat
too.

But, then again, I didn't figure CentOS to be on the final list of 3
either ... so you never know :)

(rhel, mandriva, debian, slackware, gentoo, linspire, xandros, mepis,
and others all on the original list ... somehow, we finished in the top
3)