[WBEL-users] db4-java not in current updates

Kirby C. Bohling kbohling at birddog.com
Wed Jul 6 19:39:19 CDT 2005

Curiously, I'm having trouble with the recent round of updates.  I'm
nearly shocked no one else has mentioned it.  In order to upgrade
db4, it appears I need db4-java.  However, I can't seem to find it
on the mirrors, or on whiteboxlinux.org itself.

[root at localhost root]# rpm -q -a db4\*
db4-devel-4.1.25-8
db4-utils-4.1.25-8
db4-4.1.25-8
db4-java-4.1.25-8

[root at localhost root]# yum check-update
Server: White Box Enterprise Linux 3.0 - i386 - Base
Server: White Box Enterprise Linux 3.0 - i386 - Released Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Name                                Arch   Version
Repo
db4                                 i386   4.1.25-8.1.WB1 updates-released
db4-devel                           i386   4.1.25-8.1.WB1 updates-released
db4-utils                           i386   4.1.25-8.1.WB1 updates-released

However, no db4-java.  Anybody else having this problem?  I just
erased it, and then I could upgrade the packages.  I don't use Java
for anything directly, and it appears none of the RPM's I use do
either.  It just seemed really odd that it couldn't get upgraded.

    Thanks,
        Kirby