[WBEL-users] The connection was refused when attempting to contact hostname:5500

Daniel J. Summers daniel at djs-consulting.com
Thu Jul 7 20:32:28 CDT 2005

Joeffrey Betita wrote:

>hello
>
>i successfully installed oracle 10g on WBEL 3 i can login at
>http://hostname:5500/em but after restarting the PC all i get is "The
>connection was refused when attempting to contact hostname:5500" thank you
>very much for your help.

Check to make sure that Oracle is set to automatically start.  Under
System Settings -> Server Settings -> Services, ensure that whatever
daemon Oracle needs to be running has a checkbox beside it.  The checked
ones are the ones that will be started on bootup.

(If that's not it, then I have no idea - I just know I was getting a
similar error when I didn't have a checkmark by "httpd"...)

--
*Daniel J. Summers*
E-mail - 	daniel at djs-consulting.com <mailto:daniel at djs-consulting.com>

GEEKCODE 3.12 GCS/IT d s-:+ a C++ L++ E--- W++ N++ o? K- w !O M--
V PS+ PE++ Y? !PGP t+ 5? X+ R* tv b+ DI++ D+ G- e h---- r+++ y++++