[WBEL-users] re filesystem failure

Francies Moore liz at indract.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jul 8 14:06:16 CDT 2005

Dear all

Thanks to everyone who replied to my plea.  You have confirmed me in my
certainty that I am right and I am passing on your comments to my
employer so that he is informed of the situation.  He has decided we go
on with Linux and has demanded the replacement of the sick disk from
hardware support.

Unfortunately, since my backup server died (of being Maxtor obviously)
ill-health and pressure of work (I only do IT in between all my other
jobs) meant I never could rebuild it and relied on Lotus replication for
backup.  However, the backup server is now alive and prepared to receive
a new copy of Domino which will, if my employers accede to the licensing
costs, be a live replica of the first, so that I can switch over at a
moment's notice.

Equally unfortunately, I have lost touch with the London-based Lotus
Domino engineer I called in to help me due to the dreadful events
yesterday.   When I do find him again he will be pleased to know that
you all agree with his verdict, as against Maxtor's!

Thanks again.

Regards

Francies