[WBEL-users] with-gd (WBEL 3) vs. with-gd=shared (WBEL 4)

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Fri Jul 8 22:20:26 CDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 18:28, Jason Becker wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> This post is probably better suited to whitebox-devel  but when I
> clicked on that list to sign up I got:

Had a major failure here, still getting everything restored.

> Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could speak to why WBEL 3 PHP was
> compiled --with-gd (which uses the bundled gd library in PHP per
> php.net) but WBEL 4 is using --with-gd=shared (which uses the separate
> base install gd, which is not recommended by php.net).

Built as supplied from RH.  As to why they went to a config that isn't
recommended I wouldn't want to venture a guess.  Could be as simple as
they didn't like the idea of having to maintain security errata on two
copies of gd.  Do up a good bug report showing an example of code that
works on 3 and fails on 4 and stick it in RH's bugzilla.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!