[WBEL-users] more corruption (I think)

Jim Bodkikns (Dakotacom) JimBodkins at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 9 14:09:32 CDT 2005

   In the last 72 hours three WBEL systems have failed. All
installed/updated at approximately the same time. Two at customer sites and
one in the office. The customer systems are identical systems from PFMicro.
(P4's with SCSI). The system in house is a Supermicro dual Xeon with SCSI.

   Initially I assumed corruption of the filesystem given that all of these
systems had been in use and functioning properly for a period of time. (With
many reboot cycles which occur daily). And first a customer failure,
followed by an inhouse failure and another customer failure - within 72
hours.

   The only messages seen involve the failure to set the hostname - followed
by boot failure, in part due to the hostname failure. (Sendmail locks for
example). This just suddenly occured. It is shaking my confidence in WBEL.

   Has anyone had similar experiences? (Either with hostname issues or
filesystems).

Jim