[WBEL-users] pop3 service

Nick Bright nick.bright at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 18:17:34 CDT 2005

If you are using the standard configuration of sendmail, it's very
easy to enable POP3.

First make sure "imap" is installed (it provides the POP3 service,
it's installed if you chose "network servers" at install time.): "rpm
-q imap", if it's not installed do "yum install imap"
Next, edit /etc/xinetd.d/pop3 and change "disable = yes" to "disable = no"
Then, restart xinetd ("service xinetd reload")

That's all you should need to do to allow pop3 access to mail based on
a *default* sendmail configuration.