[WBEL-users] Lastest Update causing duplicate tcp lines

Kirby C. Bohling kbohling at birddog.com
Tue Jul 19 11:20:01 CDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 10:56:04AM +0100, Jon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Installed the lastest updates for whiteboxlinux 3 and have been
> experiencing these errors when running netstat.
>
> warning, got duplicate tcp line.
> warning, got duplicate tcp line.
> warning, got duplicate tcp line.
>
> Has anyone else been getting these?

For whatever it's worth I am getting them.  I'm not quite sure why.

I'm not sure, but I believe some RPM has "helpfully" modified my
/etc/nsswitch.conf.  I'm fairly confident that I used to only look at the
local files for services, and look at local files and the LDAP
server for passwords, shadow and groups.

However, my /etc/nsswitch.conf appears to have me using LDAP and
files.  I remove "ldap" from the list and the errors go away.  I add
it back, and the errors come back.

The package that /etc/nsswitch.conf is associated with is glibc,
which was released in the last round of packages.  I installed it
July 6th, it was built on Jun 17th.  Not sure when it was released
to the public.

I'm assuming that's what got me... (Which sucks, as I worked fairly
hard to ensure that my nsswitch.conf  was configured exactly the way
I wanted it in case of failure.  I really couldn't care less about
consolidating my list of services, or protocols).

    Kirby