[WBEL-users] pop3 service

Henry Stilmack h.stilmack at jach.hawaii.edu
Fri Jul 22 13:28:06 CDT 2005

 Nick Bright <nick.bright at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the point was that he wanted POP3. The instructions I gave
> were relative to WBEL3 though.

Dovecot does POP3, too.

> On 7/21/05, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 13:47 -0400, Ing. Manuel León Moreno wrote:
>>
>>>Hi.
>>>
>>>I also installed cyrus-imap soft of WBEL-4 and had the same problem:
>>>Outloook
>>>asked the pop3 users with a password and when they wrote it (their
>>>normal
>>>password), the pop3 (I left the pop3s protocol disabled) server said
>>>(all the times)
>>>"wrong password".
>>>
>>>Because e-mail, in my job has a 200% priority (which means that I had
>>>no time for making research to solve the situation), I installed the
>>>Red
>>>Hat Linux 7.3 version pop3 service instead of the WBEL-4 cyrus-imapd.
>>>Did some extra work to put it to work and, thanks god, pop3 service
>>>has been
>>>working ok since then.
>>>
>>>It was, certainly, a defeat but I had no option (the alternative was
>>>to reinstall an
>>>older version of Linux and I not wanted to quit WBEL-4).
>>>
>>>I join the request of  gvillaran at pandero.com.pe for any clues.
>>>
>>>Leon

Henry Stilmack, CISSP <h.stilmack at jach.Hawaii.Edu> Systems Administrator
UK/Canada/Netherlands Joint Astronomy Centre   Tel: +1 808-969-6530
660 N. A'ohoku Place, Hilo, HI 96720           Fax: +1 808-961-6516
PGP key: ID = 05AE83F1   Signature = 53FDAAA963766CCB  47B067F154DC0B92