[WBEL-users] Whitebox EL 4 in VMware

Julian Parker jpar at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jun 5 12:03:36 CDT 2005

Erik Williamson wrote:

> Which version of VMware were you using?
>
> With VMware 4.x I havd to pick 'custom' when creating the virtual
> machine so that I could tell it to make the disks IDE.
>
> With VMware 5.x, it just worked.  I think.  It's been a while...
>
> Hope this helps -
> e.

I'm using VM workstation 5 under Fedora Core #2, just testing it after
trying the 4.5.2 host under XP.

For WBEL 4 I've just edited the hard disk to use IDE 0:0 and it worked
fine.... Thanks, didn't even think of doing that!

When using Respin 1 it worked using the bog standard defaults under the
"Other Linux" selection.

WBEL 4 looks pretty good to me and I may end up dumping FC2 in favour of
it as long as it runs VMware workstation 5 without any problems.

Cheers