[WBEL-users] App questions

Daniel J. Summers daniel at djs-consulting.com
Mon Jun 6 20:01:50 CDT 2005

Good evening.

I have a couple of applications that aren't working quite right.  First,
when I try to launch OpenOffice.org (any of the tools), the system replies,

/usr/lib/ooo-1.1/program/soffice.bin: error while loading shared
libraries: libgnomevfs-2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

I installed all the OOo packages.  The second is Firefox.  It's very
cool that it's included by default, but the way the Extension website
works, you can only get to it if you're using the latest release.
Firefox is in the "lib64" directory, which implies that it's a 64-bit
version - however, the only version they have for download (binary,
anyway) is an i686 version.  I downloaded it and installed it, but it
can't fire up either.  I get

/usr/lib64/firefox-1.0.4/firefox-bin: error while loading shared
libraries: libXp.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

Do I need to download the source and compile it myself to get a 64-bit
version?  Should I take the tarball, do an "rpmbuild -ta [tarball]" and
then install the resultant RPM?  Should I forget about the HTML Tidy
extension?  ;)  (I'd prefer not the latter...)

I have one other issue, but it'll be coming shortly in a separate mail.

--
*Daniel J. Summers*
E-mail - 	daniel at djs-consulting.com <mailto:daniel at djs-consulting.com>

GEEKCODE 3.12 GCS/IT d s-:+ a C++ L++ E--- W++ N++ o? K- w !O M--
V PS+ PE++ Y? !PGP t+ 5? X+ R* tv b+ DI++ D+ G- e h---- r+++ y++++