[WBEL-users] Building a new kernel

reboant reboant at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 08:09:29 CDT 2005

Sorry I haven't replied but have been really busy with a new job and in
the proccess of  moving ( just the packing and looking around for an apt
stage so far).I think my main problem is actually not having the .config
setup for udev.Since I've never built a kernel using udev I'm kind of
lost.Could someone please post a working .config or at least list what
is needed?

One more thing.Has anyone tried reiserfs 4? If so is it as fast as
people say.Have you had any problems with it? Reiserfs 3 kind of sucked
in that it would slow to a crawl making my whole system sluggish enough
for me to backup,format  and reinstall.Currently I'm back to using ext2
and don't really have any problems but if there is something faster then
I'm all for giving it a try.

Thanks
Robert