[WBEL-users] Problems after updates

Jean Lee jean.lee at free.fr
Fri Jun 10 05:17:27 CDT 2005

Hello,

yesterday, I did an update of my server. I didn't do it since 6 months
(i know that it's not good) so I had more than 200 updates. Well, I typed
yum check-update
then
yum update

downlaoding headers and rpm packages where OK

When upgrading the packages I had some installation which had warnings.
I didn't note these messages because I thought that they were logged in
/var/log/yum.log. Unfortunately, they were not (if somebody knows why,
thank you for your comment !!). I think that the warnings were something
with missing filetypes but I didn't remember exactly.
I upgraded the kernel sources and the kernel too. (Old kernel was 2.4.21-4).

Know, when I boot , I have the following error :

Configuring kernel parameters : syscl : error while loading shared
libraries : libproc.so.2.0.13. cannot open shared object file : No such
file or directory.

I have the same error with "setting network parameters" during boot and
"shutting down iptables (ipV4)" when shut down.

Does anybody knows what is the purpose of this library and how I can
solve this error?
How can I check if all my system is OK ? (IP forwarding works fine but
with these messages I am not sure of anything now).

Thank you for your help,

Jean LEE