[WBEL-users] Shell Scripting Help

Andrew Vong andrewvong at finpress.com
Wed Jun 15 04:19:24 CDT 2005

Dear Gurus,

I'm trying to insert a new cron job and would like to keep it to a
one-liner (if possible). However, as I'm not very good with shell syntax, I
hope some of you gurus out there can help me out with this one.

I've recently installed rkhunter and basically would like to cron it to run
it once a day and have its rpt sent to my e-mail a/c.

Here's what I'm trying to achieve but don't really know how to:-

rkhunter --cronjob | mail -s ServerName - rkhunter - DATE  someuser at somebox.com

where ServerName is my server name, someuser at somebox is my e-mail address
and DATE is where I'd like to insert current date in my format (date | cut
-f 1,2,3,6 -d " ")

So when the e-mail comes in, I'd see this in the Subject header -->

"ServerName - rkhunter - Wed Jun 15 2005"

Hope someone can assist me on this. Thanks. :)

Best Regards,
Andrew