[WBEL-users] WBEL 4 imap server

Mark Reynolds mark at reynolds.net.au
Wed Jun 15 21:23:21 CDT 2005

Hi Larry,

Going through something similar too here, from WBEL 3
to WBEL 4.

> Or is wu-imap for WBEL available?

While you could probably use the WBEL 3 rpm on a WBEL 4
server, it seems Redhat has decided that dovecot is the
better replacement for simple imap server requirements.

I nearly had a heart attack when I was trying to convert
the old WBEL 3 mbox server to what I thought the preferred
option on WBEL 4 was, cyrus. But I'm pretty sure I was
wrong there.

Am sure someone will correct me, but if you want a simple
transfer from an existing WBEL3 or (imap-2002d-11) setup,
go with dovecot. Even works fine with horde imp webmail.
Should work fine with procmail too, but I haven't got to
that stage here yet.

If you are already into the high end imap stuff, and know
what you're doing, and have time on your hands, then go
with cyrus.

regards

--
Mark Reynolds