[WBEL-users] WBEL 4 imap server

Tony Wicks whitebox at tonyw.com
Wed Jun 15 21:56:32 CDT 2005

I recently moved a couple of imap servers from Centos3 to 4 and I can
confirm using dovecot is a lot more straight forward. The things I found
you have to do are -

1. /etc/dovecot.conf      uncomment "disable_plaintext_auth = no"
2. In the users homedirs move .mailboxlist to subfolder ~/mail/ and
rename it .subscriptions
3. Move users imap folder files to subfolder ~/mail/

and start dovecot obviously.