[WBEL-users] Yum with x86_64 on WBEL4.0

Jon Fanti Jon.Fanti at unique.com
Mon Jun 20 07:59:53 CDT 2005

Hi guys,

I've just setup a internal mirror of WBEL 4.0 with i386 and x86_64 installs plus updates.

I'm trying to use yum to update my x86_64 installs - currently about 5 servers, but there seems to be a problem with the updates repo, it only has i386 .hdr files, and so yum thinks there are no updates to install even though I know there is! Is this a problem with my config, my repo maybe (though I checked a few mirrors and they seem to be the same), or maybe an issue with yum?

I've included my yum configs for reference:

updates.repo:

[updates]
name=WhiteBox Enterprise Linux 4.0 x86_64 - Updates
baseurl=http://somegirl.unique.com/whitebox/$releasever/en/updates/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

wbel.repo:

[wbel4]
name=WhiteBox Enterprise Linux 4.0 x86_64
baseurl=http://somegirl.unique.com/whitebox/$releasever/en/os/$basearch
gpgcheck=1
enabled=1

Thanks!