[WBEL-users] Yum with x86_64 on WBEL4.0

Jon Fanti Jon.Fanti at unique.com
Mon Jun 20 13:55:41 CDT 2005

Yep, I use a script and have sucessfully setup a WBEL3, FC2, and FC3 mirror using this method (I also used the same script to setup a FC4 mirror at home).

Looking at some other mirror sites, they also seem to only have i386 and src header files. Surely yum on x86_64 is looking for header files with x86_64 in them?

Anyway, here is the script I use (I found this on fedoranews.org and adapted it for my needs):

----Begin mirror-script.cron------
#!/bin/bash
DATE=`/bin/date +%Y-%m-%d`
OUTDIR='/tmp'
MIRROR=/mnt/storage/yum
[ -d $OUTDIR ] || mkdir -p $OUTDIR
OUTFILE=$OUTDIR/mirror-output-$DATE.txt

/bin/nice /usr/bin/rsync --verbose --progress \
   --stats --archive --partial \
   --exclude SRPMS \
   --exclude x86_64 \
   --exclude i386/debug \
   ftp.nluug.nl::fedoralegacy/fedora/2/updates/ $MIRROR/fedora/core/updates/2/ \   >> $OUTFILE
/bin/nice /usr/bin/rsync --verbose --progress \
   --stats --archive --partial \
   --exclude SRPMS \
   --exclude x86_64 \
   --exclude i386/debug \
   ftp.nluug.nl::fedoralegacy/fedora/1/updates/ $MIRROR/fedora/core/updates/1/ \   >> $OUTFILE
/bin/nice /usr/bin/rsync --verbose --progress \
   --stats --archive --partial \
   --exclude contrib \
   --exclude debuginfo \
   --exclude extras \
   --exclude iso \
   --exclude obsolete-updates \
   --exclude os/i386/SRPMS \
   --exclude os/i386/lostSRPMS \
   --exclude os/i386/origSRPMS \
   --exclude os/x86_64/SRPMS \
   --exclude os/x86_64/lostSRPMS \
   --exclude os/x86_64/origRPMS \
   --exclude updates/SRPMS \
   ftp.esat.net::mirrors/whiteboxlinux.org/ $MIRROR/whitebox/ \
   >> $OUTFILE
--- End mirror-script.cron-----

Many thanks for the help!

Jon.

--
Jon Fanti - 3rd Line Support Analyst
RHCE Certified #804005983015071

http://www.ubcmedia.com
http://www.uniqueinteractive.co.uk
T: +44 (0)20 7453 1677
24hr Fault Line: +44 (0)845 355 0568

On 6/20/05, Jon Fanti <Jon.Fanti at unique.com> wrote:
> I've just setup a internal mirror of WBEL 4.0 with i386 and x86_64 installs plus updates.

It will probably be helpful to know how you set up this mirror.

Are you sure that it got created correctly?

Greg