[WBEL-users] Adaptec quad ethernet cards

Laurikainen, Tuukka t.laurikainen at ibermatica.com
Tue Jun 21 01:30:37 CDT 2005

Hello all,

I have an issue with making the Adaptec quad ethernet cards working on
WBEL4. I have two different models of these, one which uses the sundance
driver and another, the starfire driver.
The card with the sundance driver (DL10050), after compiling a kernel
with support for this card (as a module, the shipped kernel doesn't have
the module), gets detected by kudzu but it's impossible to bring up the
interface. I get errors that the card doesn't seem to be present.
The starfire one (ANA620xx/ANA6901) gets detected (this module is
present in the shipped kernel) and I can bring up the interfaces
manually, but they don't really work. And dhclient never manage to get
an address for these interfaces (seems like there wouldn't be an active
link, although there is).
A 3com 3c590 card works perfectly on the same machine. I have these
Adaptec cards perfectly working on other (debian) machines. The thing is
that I'll run out of PCI slots if I can't use the quad Ethernet cards..

Anyone?

Thank you,

tuukka