[WBEL-users] Linux single

John Haxby jch at thehaxbys.co.uk
Tue Jun 21 07:36:58 CDT 2005

Ing. Manuel León Moreno wrote:

> How, in WB Linux server 4.0, can I make the system to boot in mode 1?
>
> The system always presents a screen with only one option (the normal
> operation). In previous Linuxes you just needed to type "linux single".

That would've been lilo then.

When the system boots, you might need to hit a key to get to the grub
screen; then use the arrows keys to scroll up and down to the entry you
want.   When you're on it, you can hit "a" to append parameters to the
kernel boot line.   Alternatively, hit "e" to edit the entry and change
any of the lines; hit return and "b" (for boot) when you're done.

To boot in single user mode simply append "1" or "single" (without the
quotes) to the kernel parameters.

jch