[WBEL-users] WBEL and Oracle 9i tunning

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 16:44:38 CDT 2005

On 6/24/05, Erick Perez <eaperezh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone here installed Oracle 9i in WBEL or RHEL 3? I am looking for
> performance tunning parameters/enhancements that can make the server go
> faster (and stable)
> Target computer is a Compaq Proliant ML110 with RAID 5 disk and 1 GB RAM,
> one P4 at 2.8ghz.
>
> about 50 users will have access to this database.
> it wont run anything else.

People I respect have recommended this page before:
http://www.puschitz.com/OracleOnLinux.shtml

Beyond that...blame any performance problems on the developer.  If the
50 users are all developers, blame whichever one complains the most
about the speed.  That's probably the most accurate answer anyway.

Greg