[WBEL-users] WBEL and Oracle 9i tunning

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 11:59:47 CDT 2005

kirby my answers below,
 1) When you say 50 users .. Is that 50 users on-line concurrently? If not
... How many concurrent users?
 The client told us 50 concurrent.
 2) How large is the database? A 10GB database is much easier to run than a
100GB one or 1TB.
 no estimate is available, application is starting from zero. So I guess it
will grow quite large since the customer is a dealer of very very small
parts (bolts, spark plugs, nuts,etc) and many pictures.

BTW: What I am seeking is some guides as to how to improve the Linux part of
performance.
Are there any TPC-C (free or open source, maintanied if possible) software
that i can use?
 I will read these two posts that seem very interesting
 http://www.puschitz.com/OracleOnLinux.shtml (provided by greg knaddison)
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/5840 (provided by Dan elliott)
puschitz.com <http://puschitz.com/>
  Thanks to all.

 On 6/26/05, kirby <kirby at igalaxy.net> wrote:

> Erick,
>
> At first glance that system is undersized. This depends heavily on your
> application for a very 'light' application this might be fine.
>
> CPU seems slightly low, but might be okay.
> RAM is low. Putting 4GB in there would likely seem you some improvement as
> more data can be loaded in RAM rather than disk
> Disk is likely fine if most of what you are doing is read intensive.
>
> As a baseline I recently set-up a 110 user (maybe 20 active at a time)
> OLTP/Data Warehouse Hybrid with 12 GB RAM running on Windows 2003. The
> entire database was approx 70GB in size (30GB was a tempfile because of
> some
> poor SQL code) CPU was 2 3.2GHz P4's. It was a client/server based
> architecture.
>
> 1) When you say 50 users .. Is that 50 users on-line concurrently? If not
> ... How many concurrent users?
> 2) How large is the database? A 10GB database is much easier to run than a
> 100GB one or 1TB.
> 3) What kind of processing are they doing? Simple OLTP or heavy reporting?
>
> Good luck,
> Steve

Erick Perez
Linux User 376588