[WBEL-users] WBEL and Oracle 9i tunning

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 14:50:37 CDT 2005

On 6/27/05, Erick Perez <eaperezh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, our office is very divided in terms of tasks. One is paid to
> pour sugar on the cofee, the other is paid to move the spoon...
>
> There is a person that is in charge of setting up the database on the RHEL3
> server. I was just given the instruction to "setup a RHEL3 server for the DB
> guy and tune it to run Oracle". Those were my orders.

<snip>

> On 6/27/05, Sam Hillaire <samhillaire at yahoo.com> wrote:
<snip lots of good advice>

> crap.  No tuning of the OS
> > will make any sort of difference.

<snip more good advice>

Given Sam's excellent comments, the fact that someone else is the
developer, and your comments that you are "just" the OS person, I
stick with my original advice: blame the database developers.  Any
performance problems they have will be their fault :)  If they are not
experience developers then they may have a hard time accepting this,
but it is the truth.

Good luck,
Greg