[WBEL-users] Kernel errors messages

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Mon Jun 27 16:05:04 CDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 07:27, Ing. Manuel León Moreno wrote:

> I recently installed WB-EL4. Since I did, every time I restart the
> squid service and also (doing nothing)
> several times per day, I get a chain of error messages from the
> kernel.

Same here.  Something is horked in SELinux's config for squid.  But you
can run system-config-securitylevel, pick the SELinux tab, SELinux
Service protection and check the box to make it leave squid alone.  Yes
it really needs a real solution but that probably needs to come from
upstream.  The closest bug currently filed appears to be #149815 but it
seems to involve reiserfs.  I had problems similar to yours on a freshly
installed WBEL4 machine with squid running in a fairly stock
configuration with the cache directories in the default locations.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!