[WBEL-users] should I, and how to upgrade to WB 4 on a live WB3 server

eLists lists at ehome.net
Mon Jun 27 20:49:15 CDT 2005

Running Whitebox 3.x

Hello,

First thank you to Nathan and Johnny for their help with my RPM problem
earlier today.

Now I have another issue that I hope to explain well.

I am trying to upgrade to the latest version of ImageMagick. And of
course I am running into dependencies. I have searched for the libraries
it needs, some were parts of versions of Ghostscript, so I installed
7.07x version of Ghostscript (newer versions had their own dependencies).

ImageMagick v6.0.7 installed without any error messages, but it does a
core dump whenever I run any of its component programs. The features in
the newer versions of IM would be very beneficial to a project I am
working on right now. If I have to forgo running the newest version I will.

I did run the yum update last night, and after rebuilding the rpm
database today, thanks to help from this list, and running yum again, it
indicates I am up to date on all apps.

So should I try to update to Whitebox 4? Is this something that can be
done safely remotely? (the server is co-located, and is a very live
active server).

Recommendations / suggestions welcome.

Thank you!

Dale