[WBEL-users] WB4 on a Epia PD-6000

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Tue Jun 28 00:04:32 CDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 23:54, Tommaso Di Donato wrote:
> So... if I recompile the kernel with i386 support, I should have a
> working kernel... Is it right?

Actually i586 will do.  You will need to do a bit of hackery to make it
work though.  One option would be Centos, they opted for retaining
i586/Epia compatibility at the possible cost of using 3rd party driver
floppies during Anaconda.  Knowing they had done so made it easier for
me to go the other way and ship the installer with an i686 kernel to
match RH a little better.  This way everyone wins.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!