[WBEL-users] WBEL 4 and sendmail replacing exchange

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 15:38:39 CDT 2005

Hi,
 A plan has been established to migrate from MS Exchange Server 2000 running
in Windows 2000 Server, to Sendmail in WBEL4.
Authentication must be Windows Domain based(Active Directory)
 User base: 500
mailbox size per user: aprox. 250 megs
 The ideas that come to my mind are:
 what mailstore technology to use:
plain mailbox, courier/maildir, or cyrus?
I heard cyrus is the most reliable for large use.
 what MTA to use:
postfix, sendmail, or qmail?
If I choose sendmail, i will go for the commercial version
 what authentication database to use:
ldap via pam, sql via pam, sasl via pam, or plain password/shadow
does it have ActiveDirectory integration?
 what other features to include
anti virus screening? MUST HAVE
anti spam screening? MUST HAVE
 Are there any mailbox/rules migration tools?
 Sugestions are welcomed.

Erick Perez
Linux User 376588
http://counter.li.org/ (Get counted!!!)