[WBEL-users] WBEL 4 and sendmail replacing exchange

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Jun 28 18:54:20 CDT 2005

Erick Perez spake the following on 6/28/2005 4:19 PM:
> Given the fact that this setup will only have Windows used attached to
> an ActiveDirectory domain, if I use LDAP how do i maintain the
> authentication part? I dont want to create unix users and windows users.
> Also, sendmail commercial has packages with AV and antispam
> integrated......any comments?

There is a way to use Samba to authenticate on a machine, and samba can
join an active directory domain. It uses kerberos to auth, and the mail
system could auth the same way. I doubt if you would find one howto to
do all this, but bits and pieces are floating all over the place.

Doable, but not an entry level project.

--

| MailScanner; The best |___________ \N1____====== )-+
| protection on the net!|                   ~~~|/~~  |