[WBEL-users] Hardening a WBEL3 server?

Dennis Gilmore dennis at royalpublishing.com
Fri Mar 4 15:35:51 CST 2005

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 03:37 pm, Eric B. wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm finally getting my WBEL3 server to the point where I am almost ready to
> put it into production.  It will be protected by a hardware firewall, but
> it doesn't have its own true DMZ (although I know it probably should -
> these things will be done at a later stage).  So in the meantime, I need to
> figure out how I can harden this machine as best as possible.
>
> Can anyone point me to some good HowTo's for hardening a WBEL server?  I
> found a few short resources for hardening Redhet 7.2, but was wondering if
> there might be anything more in depth and at the enterprise level server.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Eric

i would try bastille linux http://www.bastille-linux.org/  to help tighten
some stuff up.  make sure that root cant ssh into the machine.  i usually
dont allow root logins from anywhere  only su  make sure you have a strong
iptables ruleset  make sure you only have services running that are needed.

then check erverything again.  always a good way to start

--
Regards

Dennis Gilmore  RHCE
Network Manager
Royal Publishing
(309)693-3171 x299
7620 N. Harker Drive
Peoria IL 61615

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg)
 15:33:00 up 1 day,  3:52,  4 users,  load average: 0.24, 0.18, 0.19