[WBEL-users] Daily SSH attempted logins

Jesse j at lumiere.net
Sun Mar 6 08:27:18 CST 2005

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, bishop wrote:

>> The original version by Victor Danilchenko:
>> http://www.linuxmafia.com/pub/linux/security/sshd_sentry/sshd_sentry
>
> Monitoring every ten seconds, that's Crazy!  :-)

Just to be clear, it's basically tailing the file, not rereading it every
10 sec. You can change the checking interval by changing $interval. I
doubt there'd be a problem with 1 second. :) $threshold = 1 should be fine
too. ;)

Part of the reason I liked hosts.deny vs iptables is because I like being
able to use the same script on many different types of host, many of which
don't have iptables available.

Shell script is cute though. :)

---
Jesse <j at lumiere.net>